Basic Policy of the Aichi Science & Technology Foundation Regarding Personal Information Protection
The purpose of the Aichi Science & Technology Foundation is to contribute to the development of industry and improvement in the quality of life by serving as a platform for interaction among a wide range of researchers by supporting science and technology research collaboration, joint research, provision of information, development of human resources, and technological development by small and medium sized businesses through collaboration and cooperation among industry, academia, and government; by invigorating science and technology research in Aichi Prefecture, and by creating new science and technology.
The personal information obtained by the foundation will be used in accordance with the above purpose, and the laws and the spirit of those laws relating to personal information based on the Act Concerning Protection of Personal Information will be respected and observed, and the foundation will strive to appropriately and safely use personal information and to protect it.
The foundation will clearly state what purposes personal information will be used for and will use that information that is willfully provided by the individual.
The personal information used by the foundation will only be used within the scope of the purpose of use.
In addition, personal information will not be disclosed to a third party except where operations are outsourced in the execution of the purpose of use or when required by law or otherwise as appropriate to protect life, limb, or property.
(1) All personal information will be appropriately managed and the necessary preventative and corrective measures will be taken to prevent loss, destruction, tampering, leaks, etc., resulting from unauthorized access, theft, removal from the premises, etc.
(3) If the individual requests that his or her personal information be shown to him or her, corrected, use of the information ceased, etc., then that requested information will be immediately received and handled appropriately. In addition, any complaints will be addressed appropriately and promptly.
(4) Personal information will be maintained in an accurate and current state within the scope required to achieve the purpose of the operation using the personal information.
(1) The foundation will strive to conduct operation in compliance with the laws and ordinances governing the protection of personal information.
(2) The policies and systems for protecting the personal information possessed by the foundation shall be continuously reviewed and improved in accordance with changes in the operations of the foundation and in response to changes in the laws, social environment, and IT environment, etc., relating to the operations of the foundation.
February 1, 2012
Director Minoru Matsuo
Aichi Science & Technology Foundation
1267-1 Akiai, Yakusa-cho, Toyota-shi, Aichi-ken, 470-0356 Japan